To make sure the growth of your baby you should maintain a baby feeding chart. The feeding chart is different in different ages. This article will show you the full chart of baby feeding age by age. It’s very necessary for your newborn baby health and proper growth. If you have time, go & read the article age by age baby feeding schedule.
Table of Contents
- 1 Baby feeding chart for 0 to 4 months
- 2 Baby feeding chart for 4 to 6 months
- 3 Baby feeding chart for 6-8 months
- 4 Baby feeding chart for 8-12 months
- 5 The baby feeding chart at this age will be the following
- 6 At the age of 12 months to 24 months baby feeding chart
- 7 Keep some matter on your mind
- 8 Related
Baby feeding chart for 0 to 4 months
If your baby is in this range you should give only breast milk or formula to ensure his growth. When the baby is 0 to 1 months he needs 6-8 session of breastfeeding. Every session the baby needs 2-5 ounces of milk.
1-2 months: At this age the baby needs 5-7 session of breastfeeding and every session the baby drinks 3-6 ounce of milk.
2-3 months: At this age the baby needs 4-7 session of breastfeeding and every session the baby drinks 4-7 ounce of milk.
3-4 months: The baby needs 6-8 ounces of milk per session. At this age try to maintain 4-6 session of breastfeeding.
Nurse the baby at least 10-20 minutes per breast so that he can get enough milk. Never force the baby to eat more.
Baby feeding chart for 4 to 6 months
The baby needs 6 to 8 ounces of breast milk or formula which may take 4to 6 sessions. Give the chance to baby drinks milk from both breasts so that he can get enough time to complete the drinking process. Never hurry up to feeding your baby. Breast milk has all the nutrition that your baby needs. So no need to offer any other foods.
But if your baby shows some signs as like trying to seat, open his mouth when you offer food and move his tongue easily. Then you can offer baby cereal (iron fortified) to your baby 2 times a day, which is 1-2 tablespoons. Remind that breast milk has all the necessary nutrition, so offer cereal only when the baby shows the signs of the above.
Baby feeding chart for 6-8 months
After the age of 6 months start offering your baby solid foods and introduce him to different tastes. Try to feed breast milk 3-5 times of a day and the baby needs 6-8 ounces milk at this age. Besides breastfeeding offer the baby cereal 2 times a day, which may 2-3 tablespoons. In this age, you can also give some fruits, well cooked vegetables, mashed potatoes and some meat. Give only one new fruit or meat per week to your baby. Make sure foods you are offering your baby is 100% hygienic.
Baby feeding chart for 8-12 months
When the baby is 8 to 12 months old, he may show interest on different foods. Try to fulfill his nutritions with vegetables, meat, fish, egg etc. with breastfeeding.
The baby feeding chart at this age will be the following
- 3-4 times breastfeeding, which is 6-8 ounces of milk or formula.
- You can offer ½ cup yogurt per day.
- 2-4 tablespoons baby cereal 2-3 times a day.
- 2 Fruits or 2-3 tablespoons fruit juice 2 times a day.
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetables 1 time per day.
- You can give chicken, beef, egg yolk 2 times a day.
At the age of 12 months to 24 months baby feeding chart
- Breast milk or yogurt 2 times a day.
- Cheese ¼ cup per day.
- Give 3-4 times cereal, pasta or bread per day.
- Daily give some fresh fruits and vegetables (cooked).
- Small fish, beef, cooked beans daily.
- Boiled egg with bread can be offered to the baby.
Keep some matter on your mind
- Never force the baby to eat more.
- Give enough time to take his meal.
- Make interesting the time of feeding so that your baby eats properly with interest
- Keep patience during the feeding time because the baby gets messy, so you should clean him up every time.
Following of proper chart and scheduled feeding help you to keep your baby healthy than the child has no chart and schedule.